Briers North Subdivision
4648 Tilly Mill Rd
Dunwoody, GA 30360
Please park at the Crossroads Church at Tilly Mill & Peeler (4805 Tilly Mill Road).
Once upon a time, a family in Briers North decided to add some larger-than-life decorations to their home for Halloween. A number of people stopped by to admire them and began trick-or-treating in our quiet neighborhood.
The next year, encouraged by the positive response, more families decorated their homes and wore costumes to give candy to trick-or-treaters. Even more visitors came by to trick-or-treat that Halloween. It became the holiday that so many of us adults remembered when we were growing up long ago. And so the tradition grew until the number of visitors has grown into the thousands. Halloween at Briers North continues to attract visitors from inside and outside the city of Dunwoody.
The subdivision's households contribute to the celebration by decorating their yards, distributing candy, and by hiring the Dunwoody Police to direct traffic.
Some information for you if you are planning to join us:
- Halloween is ALWAYS and ONLY celebrated on October 31st. Rain or Shine! For 2014, this will be on a Friday.
- The passing out of candy begins at 6:00pm and stops at 9:00pm. No one is admitted to the subdivision after 8:30pm.
- We start closing the subdivision to automobile traffic at 5:45pm and we do not reopen until 9:30pm. There is NO parking inside Briers North subdivision. If you park outside, please do so legally. Depending on their evening activities, the North Peachtree Baptist Church (corner of Tilly Mill & Peeler) sometimes donates their parking lot for anyone wishing to park there, with proceeds being given to the Boy Scouts.
- Trick-or-treating in Briers North on Halloween is AT YOUR OWN RISK. This is a public event on public streets and is NOT sponsored by any association or group. Briers North assumes no liability or responsibility for visitors.
- NO pets are allowed during this time (they get scared and some of the children get scared!)